Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Driver Info

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Criminey's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two 292-8A drivers, serial numbers 00573 and 00693. Where can I get information about the date(s) of manufacture and phase plug type(s) (I'm hoping for Tangerines...)?

    Crim

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Criminey's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Originally posted by Criminey:
    Where can I get information about the date(s) of manufacture and phase plug type(s) (I'm hoping for Tangerines...)?

    Crim
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Opened a 902-8B today for comparison. They aren't tangerines. forums

    I am still interested in date(s) of manufacter if anyone can help...

    Crim

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member jmarkwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Crim,
    Most of the older drivers (50s-60s-70s)were stamped with the Altec date code, usually on the outside edge of the top plate. It's a six digit number starting with 391 (for Altec), followed by one digit for year and two digits for week of manufacture. For example, a code of 391750 was manufactured in the fifthieth week of either 1957, 1967 or 1977. You can usually narrow down the decade by researching approximately in what decade the model in question was sold.
    Good Luck,
    Jeff

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Criminey's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 10th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey thanks Jeff.

    Codes are 025 and 326. Since 290s don't show in any of the 1960s catalogs at lansingheritage.org, I'll assume they're summer 1970 and 1973 vintage.

    Crim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.